Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Hi Everyone
Thread: Hi Everyone
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
n.bridges
SAS Member

Hi Everyone

Hi everyone,
I’ve never really reached out to anyone besides a therapist before, because it’s terrifying and hard to know who I can talk to. Online is also scary in some ways, but I figured it would be easier. I have to try.

Sometimes I really need to talk, and it’s painful to not be able to. To sum up my situation, My anxiety started in Middle school and created a very hard High school experience. Now I am in College and it is better and more freeing, but I haven’t really made progress in being able to feel okay about myself and make any real connections.

I have a lot to love in life, but also several other things to work on, so social anxiety isn’t my whole story, but it sucks enough for me to write this, which is unheard of for me.

I’d really just appreciate someone who can listen, so I don’t just sit alone feeling so ****ty with no way to let it out. I know it’s rare to find that sort of trust, but I’m tired of this lack of connection. I feel that I need to try to make some sort of connection if I want to get anywhere.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome