Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Has Anyone Tried Apple Cider Vinegar.....

5K views 43 replies 32 participants last post by  Fixxer 
#1 ·
.....for SA?

Here is a partial list of its uses:

Lowers blood sugar
Relieves insomnia
Calms restless leg
Deodorizes
Preserves food
Soothes sore throat
Cleans and sanitizes
Traps fruit flies
As a marinade
Cleans dentures
Treats Dandruff
Kills weeds
Kills germs that cause bad breath
Whitens teeth
Gets rid of fleas
Wards off intruders

I may have to try a little.

#2 ·
I've always been meaning to try it, never got around to it, I've heard the rumours that it's some sort of miracle tonic.

#3 ·
just splash a bit on the people you interact with to make them behave in a soothing way.

I often add some to my water, mostly because I like it. it hasn't had any effect on my health except maybe melting my teeth.

#5 ·
Lol, I never thought of it as a tonic to use on other people, haha. Wine's had a similar effect on my teeth. :blank

#6 ·
I mix about a tablespoon or two of into foods most days. Did this for about a year or two. It helps my digestion a lot, ease long standing indigestion issues I've had. However I stopped when I eventually became more and more gassy. And felt like I was experiencing symptoms of small bacterial overgrowth in my gut. So I stopped for a week or two and symptoms ease. Gradually got back into the routine again, and symptoms returned a few weeks later. Stopped again, symptoms again eased. Probably will restart the ACV regiment again some time, but in much smaller amounts.

That said, I do really like the taste of it, I usually mix it into brown rice. It helps adding in a bit of a zing or kick into the bland flavor.

#10 ·
Why should I give a crap about my internal organs ?

#12 ·
Using it now to get rid of a mole :).

#14 ·
not drink or cook with

just found a perfect remedy for skin warts! fingers.

soaked cotton buds held on bottle inverted. duck tape to keep tight on affected areas. all disappeared! perfect skin!

#15 ·
I do go on kicks where I drink it daily, or weekly depending on my pain. There are benefits to keeping the body alkaline and apple cider vinegar does that, probably has to do with reducing inflammation. I also read recently that fermented foods help with anxiety. There is a science behind it but I can't really remember. I do love pickled food so it's not a big deal.

#16 ·
i went buying to et rid of gnats

most reasonable price of shelf.. small bottle! but white wine vinegar?

what i go so mant decades agi was a huge bottle of apple cider vinegar, lasting years! cos my warts were served by it! duck tap still here

#17 ·
I've used it as capsules for help with my hives, it seems to marginally help. I noticed that it has helped anything on your list though. It can wreck your teeth if you don't dilute it.

#25 ·
I think it's funny how people will believe anything now. You can tell them washing their hair with shampoo that contains extract of ultra pure rabbit piss will cure depression and they'll believe it if you can get enough media coverage (And it has to be "ultra pure". Not just any rabbit piss will do. It has to be the good stuff).

#26 ·
How much for some rabbit piss ?

#29 ·
.....for SA?

Here is a partial list of its uses:

Lowers blood sugar
Relieves insomnia
Calms restless leg
Deodorizes
Preserves food
Soothes sore throat
Cleans and sanitizes
Traps fruit flies
As a marinade
Cleans dentures
Treats Dandruff
Kills weeds
Kills germs that cause bad breath
Whitens teeth
Gets rid of fleas
Wards off intruders

I may have to try a little.
I like to drink the stuff sold from a local grocery store. You have to shake it every time you drink it because it settles on the bottom of the container. It's good stuff, and I had no idea about the benefits at all.

#39 ·
make sure you use a straw when drinking as its really bad for your teeth.
+1

Make sure you dilute it with water too, at least if you consume it regularly. There are a couple of case reports of people having gotten esophageal ulcers from consuming large amounts of undiluted vinegar.

Personally I drink it with every meal because it delays gastric emptying and helps me feel satiated.

#33 ·
I first heard about Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) 2 years ago (2018). When I first tried, it gave me upset stomach. I learned that they had capsule version of it so have been taking it since then. Fast forward to 2 months ago, I decided to try it again but use pizza crust to dip it in. It wasn't too bad. Then I poured a small amount in a glass and mixed it with water before and after meals and when waking up and before going to bed. Using the capsule version was a good way to accustom my body to it.

Consuming ACV has been a game changer in my journey to better health. My digestion has improved (consistent bowel movement/less constipation) and I feel better overall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.