Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - I get incredibly worked up playing vs other players
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 02:34 PM
sick + lonely NEET ShutIn
SAS Member

Language: German, English
i tend to use competitive games for communication mostly. i talk more on teamchat than i ever talk in real life/work.

for me its easier to talk there over the mic because i dont know these people at all. so i can pretend i am positive all the time.

i play overwatch mostly. (quickplay) many people there ask me if i am always so positive because i come across as positive on the mic apparently. i am the kind of guy who never gets angry because i know that its only a game. i am always positive and try to convince others to talk more on teamchat. i make a lot of bad jokes until the people start to talk

i dont play ranked because people are toxic there because they all care about their rank and i am not really good at the game. i am average at best.

but quickplay is good for people who hate competitive i think because people are not so toxic there because there is no rank to lose. its all more casual there. i played rounds where our team talked about their hobbies and favorite movies on voice teamchat and still we beat the enemy team

i can only recommend overwatch quickplay for people who hate pvp games because of their toxicity.

@Mister Fahrenheit :

if you ask if others have these feelings. yes. many people have them. in overwatch ranked it is called "ranked fear/anxiety" or "competitive fear/anxiety". even good players stop playing ranked sometimes because they have a fear of losing the rank they are in so they just stop playing.

there are people who are gm and next season they fall to lower ranks. i know many people like that. so they just stop playing because they dont want to fall in rank.

that is the reason why i only play quickplay and not ranked. because i know i would have this fear too. but this fear doesnt exist in quickplay at all because there are no ranks there

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome