Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Stalking

4K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  asittingducky 
#1 ·
Anybody on here ever been virtually stalked? What about in real life? Do you still panic after 5 years of it? Or do you start to pretend you're a celebrity.

#3 ·
It is not sad at all, indeed there have been issues with some users on this site getting stalked, in the past. Of course I hope it's not still going on now, and doesn't happen again, but wouldn't be surprised if it did. Thankfully I personally have never been stalked in any form, though.

#4 ·
I've never been stalked. Well, aside from the guy who threatened to kill me and drove around town looking for me for a couple of weeks. Definitely freaked me out and made me a lot more paranoid. But nobody has ever seriously stalked me. Like spent months harassing me and stuff. I think that would really, really suck. I know people who have been stalked.

#6 ·
Not sure about stalked but I think I was catfished a couple of days ago on Facebook. Someone with a photo of "herself" in a car and a video of their cat. Even a photo of "her" son and his gf. But the language started to slip after a while - so I blocked whatever it was. :roll

#7 ·
I don't think I have ever been stalked, but I wouldn't be aware of it happening either/has happened.

@harrison There's a good TV show about people who got catfished. That's why I'm super careful adding people, its too easy to impersonate someone else by using their photos. I always get 'women' trying to add me on Instagram too.

#8 ·
Yeah, I think I used to watch that show for a while - I used to be amazed that people could go so long without actually talking to each other. It was really strange.

I also used to wonder how people I actually know could have a thousand or more "friends" - a lady I know up in Jakarta has something like that. She probably doesn't even know most of them, it's really crazy.

#9 ·
Nothing serious. No. I had kind of a creepy experience with someone from another forum years ago but they seem to have fcked off after I left that forum and I never heard anything else about it.

Best advice I can give is don't give people your real name and address or phone number or social media. It might be really tempting (especially if you're lonely/ desperate). If they don't understand that's a red flag, IMO.

#10 ·
I fed a Robin in winter a few times, he started following me, it was a scary time, those dark beady eyes & pointy beak.

#15 ·
This (IMO) generally doesn't count as stalking in a really bad way unless it's part of a pattern of behavior that includes deliberately intimidating behavior that the person has asked not to have happen. IOW, if a person has been flirtatious (or whatever) and the person has flat out told them "Stop doing that" and they keep doing it, then yes. Following them around in a way that makes them aware they're being followed tends to be seen as creepy.

I think it's pretty normal to lurk around on profiles of people you're attracted to. People just can't help it. There's a fine line there somewhere.

#13 ·
Never had a stalker thankfully. There was a crazy former neighbor who drove by the house after we moved, taking pictures of our new home. But nothing came of it. As far as virtual stalking, have just experienced some bitter harassers that followed me trying to get a response, it didn't escalate into threats or legit stalking to where I was in fear. I think I'm too boring and passive to get someone that crazy on my bad side.

#16 ·
Only online thankfully.

Well I guess at one point it was someone who lived near me, but I never really felt threatened and didn't really notice until we were no longer living near each other. He kind of stalked me online from afar and would add me on various social stuff and even stuff which I don't think anyone knew about that I used the same name on. One time he wrote I love you on one of my facebook photos and deleted it not long after. We'd never spoken in real life I don't think, even when we worked on a group project once making a game since I only really communicated with the lead programmer and maybe a couple of times with others and otherwise pretty much just talked to the artists. He never really talked much at all, probably less than me, because he had social anxiety disorder as well.

As for the other cases they were all people from this site.

#17 ·
One time I felt stalked online. There was this one person, something about them just didn't seem 'right'. I tried to get away but they found my google profile and added me there etc. After that I just removed all my videos from youtube. I felt like I had to go to a completely different location and start all over. To be fair, I'm a messed up individual too.:crying:

#38 ·
I still don't understand why I'm getting stalked and spied! Like, do they have delusions that I'm going to change for somebody who I am aware is spying on me and annoying me? Do they just enjoy torturing people because they are sadists? I'm a nobody, this must just be terrible people not getting the message: I don't want to be spied on and mind ya business! I shouldn't have to change what I read or do for stupid spies, which is ironic because that's what I end up doing when I get fed up and want to prank on the spies! Idk I just feel like this is ruining real communication. How is it so hard for people to understand when ya just wanna be left the damn hell alone ?!

#39 ·
Yes, I had two people on this forum confronted me on a public thread about my knowledge. One of the individuals said to me that people on here always ignore me each time that I post, and they criticize my communication skills. While the other individual told me that my posts are irrelevant, repetitive, useless to the community, lacking knowledge and that I'm socially lacking. I called them reprogrammed people assigned to remove my ideas from the public thread, because someone saw that I was able to communicate with my mind to create a concept accurately on my post.

I find it very contradicting. How this is a social support community and people angrily complained about my posts. Instead of putting me on their ignore list.

#41 ·
No. It would never happen, not for too long at least. I'm really boring and I keep all my blinds closed at home. Online people I'd just ignore I suppose (though I don't really know the difficulties with that. I know some can do the 1,000's of messages per day because they are effin losers).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.