Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Do you feel isolated?
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 06:19 PM
kesker
SAS Member

My Mood: Breezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by truant View Post
Yes, because I've never known anyone like myself and always been a weird, incomprehensible alien to everyone else. I don't find solitude pleasant; I find it crushing and depressing. I was happiest when I had friends and living with other people and always had someone to talk to. I hate being alone. That's why I keep coming back here. Because if I don't have any contact at all, I go completely ****ing crazy.
I can't really say I'm isolated because I'm married but since I've been retired I've reverted back to my isolated self. My wife still works so I spend 10 hours each day in solitude. I view isolation (as it relates to me personally) as a form of giving up and as soul-crushing. I'm exploring ACT right now as perhaps a means to challenge it and I would dearly love to either work part time or volunteer but I don't want to settle for anything like my job of over 30 years which served mainly as a hiding place. Not complaining. With my issues I was probably fortunate to have been able to work for so long. WRT isolation, I'm not very effective on my own. I need people so I'm hoping I can get out more and become engaged.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby

"Daisy, may I ask why you're holding Miss Sybil's biscuit jar?"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome