Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Does Hitler Scare you ? How could one man cause such a disaster ?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 01:58 PM
WillYouStopDave
Not A Low Calorie Food

My Mood: Relaxed
I think the whole Hitler thing is so typical of what's wrong, TBH. Hitler was just some crazy dude who happened to be just good enough at public speaking to persuade the soft-headed masses into mindlessly following him down the path to insanity.

WW2 was not caused by Hitler. It was caused by mass stupidity. Hitler is a scapegoat for all the morons who followed him. We can't admit that Democracy could cause something so terrible. The idea that people are basically good is too close to the epicenter of how this happened for comfort.

If you have a system that defers to the wisdom of one man, you can have a Hitler. If you have a system that defers to the wisdom of the masses, you can have a Hitler. If you have a system that defers to the wisdom of scholars and experts (Technocracy - Which is more like what we actually have now), you can still have a Hitler (Because scholars and experts can still be zealots).

So I'm afraid of crowds. Good luck solving that problem.

/WYSD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome