Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Random Thought Of The Day: Entertainment Edition

128K views 3K replies 222 participants last post by  Blue Dino 
#1 ·
I feel like this sub-forum needs a "random thought of the day" thread so i don't start a new thread everytime a thought regarding entertainment pops up in my head lol. Please be courteous and use spoiler tags if you are discussing plot-lines. Thanks.

this show, sense8 could've been so much more. im 5 episodes in and confused as freak. episode 3 was the only exciting one. :frown2:

need to catch up on some orange is the new black, didn't even watch season 2 yet...

#3 ·
They're making another one? I enjoyed the first one, which along with Rocky, Raging Bull, and The Sandlot are the only sports movies I've ever liked. I think it mostly has to do with The Explosions In The Sky soundtrack though.

#8 ·
I'm thinking about watching Jurassic World again.....it was so good.

#11 ·
^that's all i've heard people talking abut these days, makes me tempted to go see it but i don't want to go alone lol
I can't count the number of comments I've read on this forum from people not wanting to go to the movies alone. Believe me, no one cares. I went to the mess that was Mad Max: Fury Road recently, and the only other people in the theater were 4-5 guys by themselves. Many times I've spotted single women as well, and dozens of times I've been the only person in the theater, which can be a treat (most recently for Avengers: Age of Ultron). People aren't looking at you.

#10 ·
I was told that Astronaut Wives' costume were what people actually wore in the early 1960s....I had no way to knowing with all the Black & White shows.

#21 ·
I loved the care and craft that went into the concept of the mind's inner workings. Not sure where it ranks for Pixar but IMO the core message is fantastic and I can't help respect something that's so ambitious and heartfelt.

#14 ·
I think Marvel Comics lost a lot of readers today, and I may be one of them (at least when it comes to new comics). I'm only a casual reader anyway, primarily around the releases of these new movies. Sometimes I'll buy comics and not get around to reading them for months. I'm doing that with the "Secret Wars" big reboot event, where they're effectively "destroying" the entire Marvel Universe and replacing it with something lame.

Spider-Man has been one of my favorite characters since I was a kid. Today they announced that Peter Parker will no longer be the main Spider-Man after this event, but will be replaced by Miles Morales, the "social justice warrior" experiment from a few years ago (he's black and hispanic, and already replaced a murdered Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe). Marvel Comics is no longer a company centered around storytelling. Today it's focused on pandering to special interest racial and gender topics, influenced by screaming SJWs who have never read a comic but have made comicdom the latest target of their calls for "diversity" at all costs. Today Captain America is also black and Thor is a woman. Instead of creating new superheroes who fit the racial/gender parts they feel are lacking, they're taking established and legendary white and male heroes and changing their races/genders. It's truly disgusting, disrespectful and disheartening.

#15 ·
I think Marvel Comics lost a lot of readers today, and I may be one of them (at least when it comes to new comics). I'm only a casual reader anyway, primarily around the releases of these new movies. Sometimes I'll buy comics and not get around to reading them for months. I'm doing that with the "Secret Wars" big reboot event, where they're effectively "destroying" the entire Marvel Universe and replacing it with something lame.

Spider-Man has been one of my favorite characters since I was a kid. Today they announced that Peter Parker will no longer be the main Spider-Man after this event, but will be replaced by Miles Morales, the "social justice warrior" experiment from a few years ago (he's black and hispanic, and already replaced a murdered Spider-Man in the Ultimate universe). Marvel Comics is no longer a company centered around storytelling. Today it's focused on pandering to special interest racial and gender topics, influenced by screaming SJWs who have never read a comic but have made comicdom the latest target of their calls for "diversity" at all costs. Today Captain America is also black and Thor is a woman. Instead of creating new superheroes who fit the racial/gender parts they feel are lacking, they're taking established and legendary white and male heroes and changing their races/genders. It's truly disgusting, disrespectful and disheartening.
The inventor of the web injection thing (from the wrist) also won't be getting anymore money because the patent expired.

#16 ·
The two best movies of 2014 were made for a combined budget of 12 million dollars. It's amazing what a good story and quality actors can do.

Nightcrawler and Whiplash in case you were wondering.

#17 ·
Went to Full Metal Jacket in the theater yesterday. This was overheard from a group of younger guys in the theater.

"You seen this before?"
"No, I saw the remake."
"This was remade?"
"Yeah."
"Wait, are you sure?"
"Dude, I'm sure. Is Jake Gyllenhaal in this?"
"No."
"Dude, look it up."

(Of course he was thinking of Jarhead. Wrong war, even.)

I AM in a world . . . of sh*t!

#18 ·
The Bachelorette is a mess.
That one contestant will go into history as the only one to sleep with two Bachelorettes.

No wonder he's still single.

#19 ·
I wonder if Jurassic World will gross over 2 billion worldwide?

#24 ·
what's soulja boy up to these days

#28 ·
Just realized how many of my favorite movies are entirely from the main characters perspective: The main character's in every scene.

Chinatown
Nightcrawler
Whiplash
Inside Llewn Davis
Children of Men

Edit: Just thought of two more. The Big Lebowski and 127 Hours