Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Accidentally Used the Ladies Room

5K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  Glue 
#1 ·
First time in my life that I accidentally used the ladies room today. Kind of embarrassed. As I was walking out, there was a lady standing at the sink and she was staring at me angrily. I washed my hands and walked out of there as if nothing happened. What would you have done?

#2 ·
I use the "ladies" room because I don't fit in either. I'm trying to get desensitized to the bitter looks and scared reactions. If someone says something I'll have to tell them the truth: " I'm a nonbinary pre transition transwoman-thing, wanna fight me?"
Posted via Mobile Device

#8 ·
If you used the woman's room to piss, then I sure as hell hope you sat down. Women's rooms are only equipped for sitting down.

If I was in the men's room and a woman used it accidentally or non-accidentally, I really wouldn't care. Don't know why people would snowflake about something's like this. News alert: news alert: humans need to go to the toilet.

#9 ·
I did this one time at a park. I was in a hurry and I walked in to this large, janky restroom that was poorly marked. Looked around and noticed there were no urinals and realized my mistake. On my way back out there was a teenage girl who had just walked in with the look of terror on her face that a man was in the women's room. I said I made a mistake and got out of there quickly.
That happened in 2010. If that happened in 2019 I'd probably be on the news and definitely all over social media.
Unless....I made up an excuse that I identify as female then I might be ok.

#11 ·
I can't see myself doing this, unless I was really drunk or maybe at one of those dingy dungeon restrooms they have at the public parks here. I find there is usually this smell in the woman's restroom. It's like a mix of menstrual blood and the masking fragrance used on sanitary napkins. I think (hope) I would notice something is really wrong before I ventured too far in.

#12 ·
I would have just said "oops....sorry" - this isn't Target.

#16 ·
I have done it twice. Both were intentional though, well, sort of. The first time was at the gym. I was going into the Mens locker room when I saw a sign sitting at the door saying that the men and women's locker rooms had been switched. Going over to the women's locker room, I saw the same sign and proceeded to walk in and use the restroom. There was no one in there though. To this day I don't know what was going on, if someone was just having a laugh or if there was some reason behind it.

The second time was at a restaurant A Five Guys I believe. We had been in the car for hours and I REALLY had to go. The men's room door was locked. I knocked but didn't hear anything. Trying to be polite I waited for a bit, but in the end, I just couldn't and went into the women's room. It was one of those single toilet bathrooms. I didn't think anything of it until I walked out and saw a lady with her two daughters looking up at me, shocked. I just kind of, smiled, waved, and walked out.

No harm no foul. Still pretty weird though.

#18 ·
Cant say I recall doing it myself but I've seen a few women using the men's room. If it did happen to me, I'd like to think I'd apologise and say something funny and laugh it off... but I'd most likely just run out without saying anything.

I like the idea of living in a world where people feel comfortable and safe enough to use a shared toilet. But in reality, it's not like that. I've had some real bizzare stuff happen in toilets. For a shy person it can be a place for refuge but unfortunately it can also attract the freaks and weirdos.

#19 ·
Why is there actually gendered toilets? (Apart from the fact that it might be mildly amusing to imagine a woman trying to pee in a urinal) lol. I mean, people in their homes don't have them. In a public toilet if it's just closed stalls that you can lock, then there should be no problem with a unisex toilet.

#22 ·
Because women need areas where they can change clothes (school, theatre, concert etc.) and hide from unpleasant men (nightclub, store etc.), where women cannot become sexually harassed, photographed, and they are not in a danger of rape. And no, not all men are potential pervs and rapists but women sadly has a lot of unpleasant experiences of men since young age and women need to be and fel to be safe to go to toilets and bathrooms and ladies rooms. Only seeing a man there lifts the stress and panic mood.

#23 ·
I use the female toilets although my local swimming pool changing rooms are actually unisex (and there's only one,) so you get that at some places here. I don't often leave the house and when I do it's not often to places where I have to use public toilets, but actually thinking I should start using the male ones at the very least when they have signs like this, because I agree that this is messed up:

I use the female ones because even though it makes me uncomfortable regardless I'll get asked less questions if I do, based on how I look. But over the last several months I've realised that the above is becoming a problem and I know why:

So, in this model we see one gender group which is completely and strictly policed by its own members and in which deviation from cultural standards is not permitted. In some cultures, such deviation will simply result in ejection from the 'men' group, but in others, for example Islam, the punishment might be torture and death. Most societies are somewhere in between.

The 'not-men' group is not policed in terms of gender norms so here, anyone can appear as they like. Doesn't matter. You don't have to live up to 'men-group' expectations of behaviour, so you can do, or be, anything you like. As a result, in this group, we do have a spectrum of 'gender identities' - everything from butch lesbians/'transmen' through 'sissy' omega males to hyper-feminine transsexuals. The only thing you cannot be and remain within this group is an alpha male. Any other presentation is fine.

So here we have the rainbow scale of variation; but it is still a binary, because the variation only exists within one of the two gender forms. The other is completely separate and exhibits no such variation. The 'men' group is exclusively made up of alpha males, and the 'not-men' group is everyone else. So these cultures are at once gender-binary and also display a complete range of gender variation.
And you know. His kingdom's not gonna burn itself down. plus (it's a great song.)

To be fair I have used the male toilets before too when the female ones are closed down or whatever. I'd feel a lot less weird if toilets were unisex generally.

#24 ·
If it's empty, I don't see anything wrong with men going in there if theirs is full or it was a mistake. If they have a little girl with them (their family member) who can't go alone or to the mens toilet, it should be okay for the man to be there even if it isn't empty as long as it is to help her.

#35 ·
The convention at least in this part of the world is young children needing supervision go with the parent to the parent's gender restroom, so the little girl goes in the men's room and the little boy to the women's room. The parent never switches, which makes sense because people find adults more threatening than children (well, most people do). The only problem is babies in places where the men's room doesn't have a changing table... but even then the father is expected to deal with it in the men's room instead of entering the women's room.

And the restroom being empty makes no difference, because it might fill at any time. Unless we're talking about single occupancy restrooms. Most of those don't have gendered labels in the first place though.

#30 ·
Why is that seat not a complete circle? Why does it have a bit missing?
Does it help to prevent a guy standing up from pissing on the seat? He aims it through that gap?

#37 ·
No one actually cares about genitals, if they did they'd be checking people's genitals before they enter the toilet. They care about secondary sex characteristics and body language.

Anyone who cares about this topic is going to chuck this guy out of the women's toilet even though he probably doesn't have a penis (unless he got bottom surgery, but a lot of transpeople don't):

for that matter sufficiently butch women also now get chucked out of women's toilets. Because of the increased vigilance.

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article...g-alley-because-she-used-the-womens-restroom/

https://www.advocate.com/business/2...cked-out-restaurant-bathroom-looking-man-sues

Honestly, clearly a lesbian the third one lol. Very lesbian look. Looks like King Princess... So unaware.

#38 ·

Literally look similar to her, often have hair similar length (not styled like that though,) wear caps lol. Could literally be her so.

feminine tomboy = transwoman

butch/andro lesbian = cisman

if you look really feminine that's probably transwoman too because let's be honest a lot have that Blaire White/Gigi Gorgeous aesthetic too.

Also know of a transwoman who gets mistaken for a cislesbian/transman so it works both ways.

Stop being so paranoid ****faces.

Like this:

I'm linking this one too just because I like shoe:

(because let's be honest it usually is.)

#41 ·
Yeah they're not that high up here. I'm not sure why they'd make them like that is it so the police can see if multiple people are in the stalls or doing drugs or something?

Hmm I just read somewhere that you don't have occupied notices on the doors? So they make the gap in the door where the lock is big because of that. Still doesn't explain floor gap.

#40 ·
STOP PRESS!! This just in, alot of people are idiots who love drama, but if it was a genuine mistake just apologise & say you were bursting for the toilet & made a mistake, but alot of people are paranoid, drama loving bigots, maybe justifiably so, lots of perverts exist, maybe they had previous bad experiences, who knows, variety is the spice of life, you can't blame people for being cautious, common sense goes a long way though, but it might not be that common.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.