Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - How Do You Keep From Getting Angry at People Online?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
I_Exist
SAS Member

Language: English

How Do You Keep From Getting Angry at People Online?

Often times I write a post or something else and I get a response or two or three that I don't like. Often times it is because I don't feel like the other people really understand what it is I'm going through and/or the answers are over simplified solutions. Just do this or just do that, kind of thing.... Sometimes I even feel mocked by some people. I've been trying to figure out how to not let people get to me so bad. I think part of my problem is, I'm too transparent. I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I share things that are extremely important too me. Things that are already hurting me deep, which is why I wrote about it. Sometimes I feel like the readers don't respect that about my situation. Pastor Bob on youtube says that sometimes the best thing you can do for someone is just listen. As Christians I think we need to just pray more for each other and give advice less. For an example: If you give someone advice and they decide not to take it, why do you keep giving the same advice? I think that is the time to show the person respect, stop giving the advice, and just tell them that you are praying for them. And then just pray. Then you won't upset the other person, and run the risk of loosing contact. What do you think?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome