View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Persephone The Dread
Homicidal Furby 🔪

Location: I've come to burn your kingdom down one ****post at a time
Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillYouStopDave View Post
Yeah but that doesn't often translate very well to real life. Sometimes vulcanesque men are really appealing to women but often they definitely aren't. Spock is specifically written to be more appealing that his basic nature would suggest.
Guess it depends on what trait you're talking about stoicism is usually seen as a more attractive trait in men than in women ime. A lot of guys seem to like bubbly/friendly/warm women.

Quote:
I suppose when you think about autistic traits in men, it generally does not come off as in any way appealing. Unless they're really functional and those traits actually become assets in a way.
Autistic guys come off quite differently to Vulcans. I think both autistic men and women seem to come off kind of androgynously (and I have known autistic guys irl.) To some extent this might be better tolerated if you're physically attractive if you're female but I don't think those traits have anything more than niche appeal. Another appeal might be that socially speaking autistic women are functioning at a level similar to neurotypical men (edit: well boys/girls,) where as autistic men function like nobody else. At least according to one study I saw.

Quote:
Pelphrey is discovering that girls with autism are indeed different from other girls in how their brain analyzes social information. But they are not like boys with autism. Each girl's brain instead looks like that of a typical boy of the same age, with reduced activity in regions normally associated with socializing. “They're still reduced relative to typically developing girls,” Pelphrey says, but the brain-activity measures they show would not be considered “autistic” in a boy. “Everything we're looking at, brain-wise, now seems to be following that pattern,” he adds. In short, the brain of a girl with autism may be more like the brain of a typical boy than that of a boy with autism.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...rent-in-girls/

If you're significantly autistic to the point where people can tell there's something off by your body language and such it's not really seen as appealing.

The wretched world we’re living in at present was not an unlucky war of fate; it was an economic and political decision made without consulting the enormous human population that it would most drastically affect. If we would have it otherwise, if we’d prefer a future that we can call home, then we must stop supporting — even passively — this ravenous, insatiable conservative agenda before it devours us with our kids as a dessert. - Alan Moore

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome