post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Unforgiven17
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcv123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven17 View Post
Turning that into an actual product is a job in itself though, isnt it? Could you maybe look into that a bit?

If you are naturally talented at something its hard for other people to understand why you perhaps wouldn't want to pursue it further. You are so young, I wouldn't worry unnecessarily about it for now. If you think you have made the wrong decision (whatever you decide), its not the end of the world.
I don't think that i'm very talented in the arts in particular.I just have good studying habits and i pick most stuff quickly.In school i hated math because it was the only subject that i wasn't able to instantly understand.Honestly now i kinda miss math,i've watched youtube clips that explain math problems better and i'm getting kinda intrigued by it.
You sound like me. Maths was something a had to really concentrate on to be good at. Ironically I became a maths teacher.

Before that I studied marine biology and now I'm a podiatrist. In some ways its good been able to pick everything up quickly but it leaves so many options and its hard to choose just one. Or you constantly question if you have done the right thing.

I know I could have gotten an easy job that pays well, particularly been good at maths but I want to enjoy work. I don't want to spend my life doing something just for money. I loved marine biology and could have become a researcher/lecturer but anxiety killed that dream due to personal stuff I had to leave and left it too long to return.

You will find your way, try things, if they don't work out then don't beat yourself up about it!

My main achievement in life is having a family (thought anxiety would mean I was alone for ever), once I realised that I stopped worrying too much about the other stuff.

Follow your heart and see where it takes you.

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't as conscious as I am. It would be so much easier."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome