Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Do strangers strike up conversation with you?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
moonbliss
SAS Member

Thanks for the responses ⒽⓤⒼ♥

I guess I should not expect any meaningful meetings with people when I go outside since it seems like itís pretty standard that people donít spontaneously talk to unknown people.

I remember when I had my first job 6 years ago and previous to working Iíd been socially isolated for months and months, then suddenly I was wearing a uniform and people were coming up to me and I was having to interact with them.

Iím not in school or working so Iím not in a situation where I could easily meet people. Back when I was in high school I was dealing with so much stuff mentally that even opportunities to socialize I turned down. I am so much more open to socializing now and wish I had help with anxiety/depression back then so I could have made friends; I didnít know Iíd be this alone at my current age.

The best way I have found to get to meet people is staying at hostels when traveling. Being in a dorm with several other people (esp single/non-grouped people who are also traveling) people WILL talk to you and even form friendships. I think if people lived more communally we would have more reason to interact with one another.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome