Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - would you be less socially awkward if we all people communicate only with sign language?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:43 PM
Alleviate Suffering
SAS Member

Oh wait that taxi is slowing down and oh no it thinks I was gesturing for it to stop i wasn't I just hold my hands in that weird way all the time. Ok ok i cant sign no now don't want to upset the driver. I will just ask for a short ride just ten minutes oh wait oh no he thinks I want to go to the airport now he's smiling the airport is a good fare for him don't want to upset him and cause confusion. But I will miss work ah it's ok will just tell my boss I was sick problem is I suck at these sign language explanations last time I tried to explain to my boss I was off sick he thought I saying I wanted to have sex with his wife. Oh no..

Social anxiety will always find a way to exist.

"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day. That is real freedom. The alternative is unconsciousness, the default setting, the "rat race" - the constant gnawing sense of having had and lost some infinite thing." (David Foster Wallace)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome