Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - crying when in bed
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Disneywoman
SAS Member

My Mood: Worried
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
Out of curiosity - are you able to go out on your own?

I for one know of folks being pretty strict. In my case, my folks are just cheap. If I ever wanted to go out for my own business, I would be expected to pay for gas.

In hindsight, it's a good thing 'cause it taught me responsibility but it also prevented me from just going out in general—which is pretty much all you can do in the suburbs.

I don't know how old you are (and you don't have to disclose) but I had it rough as a teen and I'm still pretty much expected to pay for my expenses. The only things my folks cover for is the livelihood essentials (i.e. food, insurance, housing, etc.).

I also feel lonely and jealous from time to time---believe me---but I try to put my mind on other things when I can. The internet lets you discover new things.
I'm able to go to Pickering Town Centre on my own (its two towns away) for a lunch if I feel in the mood for Asian food. But I take the bus since I can't drive (using a Presto card which I reload because I use it 2 other days as well). The only other places I can go is Sept-April bowling (it's over now and only people near my sister's age -grandpa's age ) and my day-program (and dating is a no- no in that program and that program is the main reason I have a Presto card). I do go to church to do a job at church once a week.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome