Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What Are You Thinking About Right Now?

1M views 33K replies 633 participants last post by  discopotato 
#1 ·
#12,102 ·
Happy birthday Swiss roll, hope the coming year is kinder to you than the last :yay

#12,104 ·
#12,109 ·
Tbh I doubt most of the non-Japanese people who can't speak a sentence are living there since it's Tokyo, but some are obviously relying on girlfriend's as translators lol..

Did you do Japanese at school? Some people seem to have a real affinity for languages. I don't think I do. I studied Indonesian for about 4 years and have been there more than 20 times and I'm still not fluent. Admittedly my brain is probably screwed by all the medication I took for years - but you've also got to keep practising. I just forget the words all the time.

Japan looks nice. My son likes it there and he said I should go and have a look. He likes Osaka better than Tokyo though, can't remember why. (oh, might have been Kyoto)

#12,112 ·
Did you do Japanese at school? Some people seem to have a real affinity for languages. I don't think I do. I studied Indonesian for about 4 years and have been there more than 20 times and I'm still not fluent. Admittedly my brain is probably screwed by all the medication I took for years - but you've also got to keep practising. I just forget the words all the time.

Japan looks nice. My son likes it there and he said I should go and have a look. He likes Osaka better than Tokyo though, can't remember why.
No I taught myself on/off for a while, but then gave up. I'm far from fluent in Japanese though.

I think Osaka has a different vibe from what I've heard online, more laid back. Tokyo is a world city and they tend to be a bit insane and hectic.

#12,113 ·
No I taught myself on/off for a while, but then gave up. I'm far from fluent in Japanese though.

I think Osaka has a different vibe from what I've heard online, more laid back. Tokyo is a world city and they tend to be a bit insane and hectic.
Yeah - it looks fantastic. I'd probably love it. I think it might have been Kyoto he liked, I get confused sorry. He Skyped us when he was there one time at that Shibuya crossing one night. Looked great. One thing I noticed is they seem to have a big Kinokuniya bookstore right there at the crossing - so I should go over and have a look just for that. I like their bookshops.

#12,116 ·
It was a realistic looking future Los Angeles, this was a video about it that I liked:

That's a great little film - thanks a lot for showing me that. It's very clever how they fused the two cities and inserted Shanghai in there without you really noticing.

Have you ever been to Bangkok? I'm a big fan of the original Blade Runner movie and Bangkok at night in the rain is about the closest I've seen to many bits of that film. A bit scungy and with the overhead Skytrain. Plus lots of concrete. I love it. :)

#12,120 ·
Who in your life always stresses you out and who do you rely on to help you calm down?
I believe they call that a shrink and you have to pay for that.