Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - What's your Favourite /Least Favourite House Chore?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 03:21 PM
blue2
Greasy prospector

My Mood: Lurking
No favorite chore, I mostly put them off till I have to do them, laundry is easy enough, I bought a washing machine for our house about 5 years ago, just put in powder & go, mostly hang dry but we have a dryer too, my mother & sister worked in hotels housekeeping for years so they taught me how to change bedclothes fairly fast when they would no longer do it for me , hovering is meh, I'm not really that fond of cooking, my oldest sister moved back home last year after a bad relationship ended so she does most of it cause she likes cooking, I chop firewood, buy coal etc cause we have a solid fuel stove, recently installed a new one I bought for a Christmas present for my mother for €2200, I look after the small bit of land & farm my father left behind when he died, use the money towards the house & helping my mother, I do a bit of painting occasionally, clean & maintain the private sewage system when needed etc,
So cutting the lawn is probably favorite chore, sewage system maintainance least favorite.

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death
Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that strut's and fret's his hour upon the stage and is heard no more,
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
- Macbeth

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome