Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - What's your Favourite /Least Favourite House Chore?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Persephone The Dread

Language: Eng (UK,) 下手な日本語
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorikun View Post
Laundry is my most hated chore because I have to leave my apartment to do it. And it requires leaving my apartment every 30 minutes for 2 hours or more. Have to go up and down stairs and unlock many doors and actually go outside to enter the building basement. It's awful. Risk running into my neighbors. Can't do the laundry Saturday or Sunday afternoon (when I'd like to do it) because the machines will likely be occupied. I have to beg for quarters from the supermarket.

The other day I couldn't do the dry because the damn coin slot got jammed. Perfect timing too cause I was drying my duvet cover which takes forever to dry. I hadn't washed it in several months. Landlord fixed it the next day but too late. Turns out it was jammed because the machine was full of quarters. So I had to hang dry EVERYTHING because my landlord was too lazy to get the quarters out in a timely manner.

I wouldn't mind it if I had the great luxury of having a washer and dryer inside my apartment. But those types of apartments are pricey.
Yeah communal washing machines are a pain. When I was in halls at uni the washing machine/dryers were in a different building so I'd have to go up and down a few times typically and I was always trying to avoid my flatmates so that was a pain. The plus side is there were dryers I guess so I didn't have to hang clothes all over the place.

Then later when I lived alone a couple of other people in the building were almost always outside by the bottom of the stairs on this sofa smoking. There was a washing machine that technically didn't belong to us in this little outhouse type thing that I think we were allowed to use, though it belonged to the people living in the bungalow behind (really weird layout.) I used it once before deciding to just start washing my clothes in the bath while I lived there (about 10 months.)

Quote:
Please don't attempt to raid Nevada to 'see them aliens' as part of the internet's joke du jour, the US air force will not be amused.
Slavoj Žižek on the horrors of tulips.

🎸

My computer thinks I'm gay
What's the difference anyway
When all the people do all day
Is stare into a phone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome