Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - People stare at me
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:33 AM
SplendidBob
Tired

Language: English
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone The Dread View Post
I believe that AvPD and social anxiety are connected to the schizophrenia spectrum though which basically means that you hyper analyse everything, project your emotions on to others, internalise their emotions, assume there's connections where there aren't, just a **** sense of boundaries in general. (hyper and hypo mentalizing in different contexts, and theory of mind abnormalities compared to the average person.) It's just the mild end of the spectrum imo.
Suspect this might be true. I was literally talking to H about this the other day, she called it the "brown boots effect" after I noticed one time her looking for a microsecond at my boots. "You don't like my boots" I said a bit later on. She said "yeh I do", and I pointed out I noticed her very slight shift in body language. She actually at that time remembered thinking "those are almost the same as his black ones, its strange how he has two pairs almost the same". Point is:

1. I noticed this minutia, literally, how the **** do you even notice someone doing that?
2. I attributed it to dislike in some way (confirmation bias).

It's absolutely insane the amount of stuff I notice, and then mistakenly attribute to weird stuff about me. Walking about, interacting with people, with this kind of mindset, where you have no way of finding out what people are actually thinking and correcting those distortions, its going to absolutely run wild, imo.

Enough about me, lets talk about you, what do you think about me?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome