Thread: SAS movie night
View Single Post
post #163 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:16 PM
helpless
SAS Member

Thanks For

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchness View Post
I don't know how easy it will be to find the 1968 movie, it seems like most people on here don't want to pay for movies. I don't mind if it's a couple of dollars tho.
Thanks for the post, Suchness. When I listed those 2 films I knew that That Cold Day in the Park was Ancient History, but it was the only example of a woman SA-SP I could think of. And, I knew it was hard to find.

On the other hand, Robin Williams, relatively recently deceased, did have an active movie career up to near the end of his life, and One Hour Photo was relatively speaking, a "recent" film that would probably be easier to locate and watch.

I listed it, because I have a fellow SA-SP sufferer who, upon watching the film, found the character that Mr. Williams played in One Hour Photo uncannily like his own life, and seeing the similarities between himself and that character, he came to his senses and snapped out of his fantasies similar to the main character of that film before it was too late, and it saved him from going off the deep end.

A case where an SA-SP took a fictional film very personally, and it had a profound effect, in this case positive, on his own life.

I'd hope that this post might arouse some interest in that film among the SA-SP Support Forums membership.

Once An SA, Always an SA

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome