Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Is online confrontation one of your coping mechanisms?
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:04 PM
millenniumman75
SAS Member

My Mood: Angelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LydeaCharlotte View Post

I would guess there at least were quite a few people like that on this forum. Given how frequent conflicts between users were on here (in the chatroom as well, of course) until it all quietened down more recently. Outside of this site, I have mostly but not always been nice online. When I have been somewhat nasty, it was far too rare to be any kind of coping mechanism. And my outbursts didn't really involve directly attacking other people as such, but more ranting/complaining aggressively about certain things related to some other forums. I do have a pretty foul temper, but it has never usually shown itself that much online for some reason. Though drinking has been known to have an effect as well.
It's easy to get pulled into it, too.
For me, it was more severe panic attacks from misreading something rather than rage.

For instance, I was in chat many years ago (I don't do chat much), but somebody was kind of bouncing between me and other people and he said:

"TRUTH...YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

I was like "what?" I wasn't sure what was going on, but I felt so attacked, I left chat. I had no idea it was a quotation from a movie! That guy liked to quote things from movies and songs and I didn't even know it.

I couldn't react to it.

millenniumman75
You are a success story waiting to happen!
Live and let live VACUUMS more than a Hoover....
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome