Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Is online confrontation one of your coping mechanisms?
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:42 PM
SparklingWater
My guitar gently weeps

No lol. Hate that. You have some who may just skim what you take time to write out. Focus on one thing, twist your words. Read a completely different tone than what you're intending. Get weirdly randomly aggresive. Omg the editing things nonstop too lmao. So much bad faith editing. Or they just had a point they wanted to make. It's not a convo, a meeting of the minds, coming to an understanding, it's just saying what they know and want to get out lol.

Yea, not arguing or confronting online. I don't care what anyone thinks long as they're not pushing it on me so all that is a giant no. Whenever I find myself tempted to I just remember it's prob a 13 yr old. Or someone whose opinion I wouldn't care abt irl so no point expending the energy. Even if you "win" the argument afterwards it's like why the hell did I spend so much time arguing with a screen lol. The worst.

Miles to go before I sleep.

Know your ACE (adverse childhood experiences) score?
Sometimes, SA is a symptom of significant developmental, attachment or interpersonal trauma (emotional neglect counts). If you're still stuck after you've tried SA treatments such as CBT and exposure, research C-PTSD and see if it resonates. Here's an awesome resource. Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome