Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Does Reality Make You Uncomfortable?

3K views 56 replies 31 participants last post by  Kimmie2170 
#1 ·
Do you often find yourself getting connected to another world (books, movies, imagination), and then feeling discomfort when you connect back to the real world? Even if nothing really bad is happening, reality itself makes you feel uneasy. Kind of like the ' First Day of School ' feeling that everybody feels. You feel intimidated by everything around you.

I wonder if this is something that only SA people feel or if everyone feels it.

Something I've personally noticed: When I get into video games a lot, this feeling of unease with reality increases. But when I get off video games, the real world feels less intimidating and I have a easier time feeling comfortable in it.

#42 ·
Isn't this more about being disappointed in reality than being uncomfortable about it?

Reality is profoundly disturbing to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

#50 ·
I wouldn't say it makes me feel uncomfortable, I just feel sort of like an outsider because I have a hard time trying to relate with others. Since I'm so quiet, I have a hard time speaking to people or making any friends. I enjoy meeting people, but a lot of people find me weird. I don't even think I'm weird, so maybe I could be over thinking it a little bit. It's just hard walking around sometimes and seeing others with people, while I'm walking alone. It makes me feel lonely sometimes.

I don't need a lot of friends to feel happy, but I wish I could meet someone in my hometown who I could at least hang out with on a regular basis.

#53 ·
Some of the best years of my life were those when I was heavily medicated (albeit, with illegal drugs). :lol

It's nice to just not care about anything except getting high. It's a very simple existence. But eventually, the drugs don't make you feel good anymore and you have to face reality. That's when things get rough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.