Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Does Reality Make You Uncomfortable?
View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:11 AM
Shadowweaver
Great White Shark

Language: Galactic Basic, machine language
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDuck View Post
I feel that way about video games too now. When I was a kid, I could play for hours, but now not matter how good the game is... I can just play for maybe 30 or 40 minutes. It feels restrictive....like you're trapped in a tiny world. And after 40 minutes, I simply want out.

It also makes you feel like you're wasting time. You can win a video game and complete all the achievements in it, but at the end of the day nothing has changed in the real world. The more stuff you do in the real world, the more meaningful you feel.
Yes, that is a good point as well. You can spend 350 hours on Fallout 4, but once you are done with it, what have you really accomplished? In essence, nothing. Sure, you now have something to talk about with other Fallout players, and you have some pleasant memories - but, really... In those same 350 hours you could have done so much.

The days when we work hard, or just do a lot of fun, but physically and mentally exhausting stuff, may be painful - but, at the end of the day, you look back and think, "Wow, this was a hell of a day!" It is better than looking back and thinking, "I gained 3 character levels today and sit on my butt in front of the screen for 10 hours. Time to go to bed".

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome