Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Getting high on cannabis to ease anxiety, is that looked down upon?
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:24 PM
DukeDuck
Duke Duck

My Mood: Goofy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thejoke View Post
I've done it only a handful of times. If I had to guess maybe 9 times in my 30 years. The first "real" time I got high, I had an edible & it was the worst experience ever. I nearly passed out, I freaked out like crazy, & it just made me even more anxious. But I noticed that after it wore off, I was very serene, and nothing really bothered me. That feeling lasted for a few days. Cannabis has become legal in California, but I feel many people still see it as trashy, or what a low life would do. I have been considering medicating with it, but i'd like to know what are peoples thoughts on it? Is there anything wrong with using weed as a way to ease up & relax? Last time I did it was a few weeks ago and it felt so good, I was so positive & loving even for a few days after. I was surprised at how different I behaved, lots of hugging my family, joy, and so positivity. Is cannabis seen as trashy?

I don't think its trashy. As long as you don't let it consume your life and you do it a healthy amount, it's fine. I used to know a math genius brainiac person who did it regularly. Maybe your first experience occurred because you tried too much of it and it was an alien experience for your body.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome