Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - How has someone made your day?
View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 10:40 AM
TinyFlutter

Last night I was caught in the rain and a stranger came over to me and offered his sweater. I was passing by on my way to the bus stop to head home when I heard a voice saying hello, I turned around with sad tired eyes but managed to smile and said hello back.

It was warm earlier but when I stepped out of my house again towards the late evening, I looked up towards dark grey clouds and strong winds blew as I held onto the skirt of my dress and tried not to step in puddles in my heels. This stranger man asked if I’m okay with a concerned look in his eye, and he took his sweater off and gently draped it over my shoulders. I looked up towards him with his warm brown eyes meeting with mines.

When he realized I was still getting a bit wet, he said, “Wait, hold on” as he knelt down and zipped the sweater all the way up for me until I was completely shielded and covered from the rain.

He gently pulled the hood over my head to cover my hair and stopped to look me in the eyes whispered I’m beautiful... I looked back at him with flushed cheeks, and I didn’t know what to say and felt taken back by his kindness.

When he asked where I am going, I told him I missed the bus and I’m heading to the stop to wait for the next one. He asked if I would like for him to request an Uber for me.

I smiled and shook my head told him it’s okay, the next bus should be here in 15 minutes...

He didn’t want me to be out here in the rain any longer insisting I don’t want me to take the bus either and get my dress dirty... I smiled and I thought it was sweet of him.

When the Uber arrived, he opened the car door for me and before climbing into the car, I had to stop to say he can take back his sweater before I forget, and he asked me if I’m sure and offered for me to keep it.

Now I believe chivalry is not dead, and there are true gentlemen out there...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome