Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Psychotherapy Scams?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 08:48 AM
Maslow
SAS's Chief Meteorologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFearfulPerson View Post
And now not only was the psychologist refusing to see me, but his subordinate (my third psychotherapist) also began to refuse seeing me. I had last seen her on March of 2017, and I wanted to begin seeing her again back in February of 2018. So I sent her an e-mail requesting to make an appointment to see her again. She then sent me an e-mail telling me that if I continued trying to contact her, that she would take legal actions against me to prevent me from contacting her. She then stopped responding to all of my e-mails and phone calls.
Why on earth would you want to see her again?

There are a lot of bad therapists out there. You can learn CBT from a book or there might even be some websites that have all the info you need. The therapist just kind of acts as your coach. A good therapist will motivate you to do the exercises.

There should be something out there like CBT coaching. I don't know if there is, but really, that's all you need. You don't need a $100 an hour psychologist. They're for rich people who are depressed because their lives feel empty.

Nobody loves me but my dog, and I think he might be jivin', too.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome