Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Psychedelic Medicine, Therapy and Science
View Single Post
post #103 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Shredder
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maslow View Post
The problem with that is it can make you "zoom in" on negative thoughts or insecurities, which might be dangerous and cause the patient to freak out. I've seen people freak out on LSD, which is generally much more powerful than psilocybin mushrooms. I've never seen anyone freak out on mushrooms, but I'd imagine that it could happen.

I guess it all depends on the patient and whether or not they want to try it. If they're dying and want to, let them. But for people with psychiatric disorders, it's probably not a good idea. I did acid when I was in my 20s and not as far gone as I am now. And music was a lot better back then, also.
Yeah, the bad trip is the reason I haven't gone down the psychedelic path so far but I'm interested in the possibility. I think the dosage would be very controlled in this situation. I guess the main point I was interested in is that people are open to the fact that there may be benefits. I've heard a lot about people using psilocybin at sub-therapeutic doses. You dont "trip" but it apparently takes the edge of the anxiety and depression.

I agree with you on the music

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome