Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Would you date a religious person?
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 01:53 PM
Korcari
SAS Member

Language: English
My Mood: Busy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryD View Post
Why would you not date a person solely based on their religion, unless it's something that proves they're insane like Scientology or Satan worship. Don't get me wrong I think religion is extremely stupid but as long as they don't shove it down my throat why should I care if they believe in fairytales?
Haha I would take anything I could get, maybe I am becoming too desperate, my "type" at this point is any girl who will talk to me.
To be honest, I don't know why Scientology or Satanism is any more worthy of the term "insanity" than some other religions...
Also, it's usually more about their code of ethics. The belief system they adhere to that's associated with their religious practice.

Quote:
I get where you are coming from but surely you could fall in love with them even if you disagree in some areas? Don't you have family or friends that you still love even though they have differing views on contentious topics ? I think it could lead to some really fun debates as long as both people involved were open minded.
There are some topics that are acceptable and some that are not. If we don't have the same beliefs concerning lgbtq rights, racism, women's rights and abortion... I don't really care if you're family. We're going to have a horrendous relationship.

So all that being said, yes, I could date a religious person. But it depends on the religion and their conduct/beliefs/values.

"I am not as strong as my words pretend to be.
Not as quiet as these caesuras promise.
This heart is a patchwork quilt of people -
that leave different shades of blue inside of me."
- The Anatomy of Being, Shinji Moon

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome