Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Lexapro (escitalopram) [SSRI]

View Single Post
post #335 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 08:15 PM
SeakingBliss
SAS Member

Language: English
I've officially been off of Lexapro (was on 15mg for just over a year) for 3 months now. I just now am able to sleep well, after experiencing bouts of insomnia from withdrawal (I tapered off for 3 weeks).

My social anxiety is definitely creeping back into my life. However, I couldn't take the level of apathy and lack of creativity I was experiencing (especially detrimental being an artist/ musician). Though I felt that I was able to relax more and "let things slide", there was a tangible disconnect to life and those in my life, I became so disinterested with everything. The weight gain was also terrible (gained 30-40lbs), I am slowly shedding this off with diligent diet restrictions/ exercise and starting to get energy stores back. Also I feel that my memory is sharper.

I want to express the importance of being proactive in other aspects of life and making a daily effort to push yourself socially while being on Lexapro, it is too easy to start feeling at ease and "enjoying the ride"- while letting opportunities and responsibilities pass you by.

It may work for others though- I definitely should have not been drinking as much as I was, as I felt this messed with the effectiveness (few beers every other night due to being in the college lifestyle), just wanted to add my experience to the list. Cheers!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome