Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - The languages' thread
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Sus y
Inactive user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC01 View Post
English and the language of love, mon cherie :-)

What about you Susy ?
I need to learn the language of love , there is so much to win with it.

I was forced, basically, to learn English when I was in school, it was horrible, didn't learn anything lol, I have learned the most using forums lol, also I did a two months curse that helped me to speak/write all this gibberish way lol.

I was trying to learn Portuguese for a trip I was planning to do this past December (gor ruined it) , so I kind of lost motivation about it. I can understand about 65% when listening/watching videos, about 45% read, however cannot write it or speak it a single bit, this is because Portuguese as well as Spanish are Romance languages, they have lots of cognates and similarities in general, so given a context it's somewhat easy to predict what people's talking about.

I spent about two months trying to learn Japanese (not so seriously) but quit after having some weird kanji dreams lol, it was like having the Tetris' effect, although I wasn't trying hard maybe my brain didn't saw it the same way? I guess lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbath9 View Post
I'm learning German from Rammstein songs
That's an interesting way to learn, good for the listening, I still have a hard time picking up lyrics in English, sometimes other audios (such as videos, are difficult, specially if not American English), that's a bit frustrating but I'm willing to work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
Este thread me gusta
Me gusta que te guste .

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
Are you using an app, course or method for learning?
Yes Duolingo. Awesome app. It lacks grammar tho. So I use 2 other different websites alongside it. One has great grammar lessons and the other has great online exercises.
Which sites? I'm very curios now!

Secretive signature.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome