Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Chamomile

Thread: Chamomile
View Single Post
post #76 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Muliosys
SAS Member

Damn. I keep not seeing these old thread warnings, and it doesn't save my post when I hit backspace. Yet another post to write all over again. Doh.

Chamomile is really nice. I started drinking it recently. I like 2 tablespoons per cup, although I use it through this big infuser and the Chamomile kinda clogs it up so I suspect water isn't actually getting to all of it and so it's actually less than 2 tablespoons worth. I let the first cup steep for 15-20 minutes, but then I just leave the infuser sitting there with another cup or two worth of water, and so by the time I've drank the last cup, that one's sometimes been sitting there for an hour and a half. I've never found it to be too strong/bitter though - again I think this has to do with the infuser only letting water get to some of it, because another time I made a strong cup without the infuser just by putting it in a glass and then using a strainer, and when I made it strong the water was almost black, and tasted like chemicals it was so bitter (although that time I used 5 tablespoons, so that might be why).

Anyway as for the effects, you feel a nice pleasant relaxation. If I haven't drank any in the past 5-6 days, then when I drink 1-2 cups, I get a nice mood lift, almost like a mild anti-depressant effect. It feels like a very mild GABAergic.

After that first day of drinking it though, I don't really get that mood lift, just the relaxation/sedation. It makes sleep a lot easier, and helps me wind down after a long day. It's especially useful for days in which I've consumed a lot of caffeine, as ordinarily I wouldn't be able to sleep if there was even a hint of caffeine left in my system, but with Chamomile it seems I'm able to do that.

As for anxiety, maybe a small reduction, but nothing much - Ashwagandha is definitely a lot better in the anxiolysis department.

I like the taste of Chamomile better than regular tea, so it's my go to form of tea currently, and usually at least at the weekends I'll have a couple of cups before bed.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome