Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - I want to change
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
mamut123
SAS Member

I don't have much in common with anyone. I cannot sustain a 10 min conversation, so hanging around for hours feels impossible to me. Also whenever I am somewhere where I don't want to be I get angry. I feel like socializing is a good thing, but I lack the actual need for it. I just have an image of a person that needs to hang out with someone at least once a week or they go crazy and I want to imitate this. I don't have this need, but I think that I should have it, like it is the way to go. I feel if I won't do something now I will stay separated from everyone else forever. On the other hand I have to fight with who I am.
Often you can find people who are shy, but would like to have someone. They just can't make first move because of their shyness. I'm not like that. I don't have a problem approaching people, starting conversations, arranging meetings. The thing is that I have nothing to say to anyone. I can talk about topics that I prepared beforehand, but I just can never truly connect with anyone. So eating dinner with my coworkers is necessary evil, but when they invite me somewhere, it is a whole another level. It feels to me like my work takes my life away, because of events like that.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome