Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - How I managed to go from full of anxiety to being free - my guide for everyone
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
DrWaz
SAS Member

Phase 2 + 3

Phase 2 – Empowerment

Summary:
- Your life = choices + actions
- You are responsible
- This is empowering

1. Your life = choices + actions

The first step to change is to accept this equation. You must accept that your life is a result of the choices and actions you have taken all along. What else is it otherwise? Chance? Is it your parents actions? Is it your partners? Or is it because of society? You cannot change anything before accepting it is your responsibility to do so.

You are reading this now, who made that choice? You. Now you have willingly made a choice to read something that will hopefully help you and it is these choices, and many other small choices that all come together to make up your life. Without deciding to join this forum then you wouldn’t be here right? This is essential. Too often people blame everything but themselves for issues because it makes us feel vulnerable! It makes us feel inadequate. But I embrace these vulnerabilities and inadequacies in me because when you know where you need to improve, you can do something about it. And who doesn’t have them? The real person to be afraid of is the one who thinks they are perfect and lives their live oblivious to their imperfections.

"It is the corrupt government that has put in this situation when they take all my money in tax”

“It is my parents fault that I am like this, I was not given the opportunity”

“no one was there in my life to teach me or guide me”

“no one advised me about what I should study”

“my parents didn’t teach me how to deal with life issues that I now face. Didn’t they realize that these issues are more important that the other silly things they tried to show me?”

“MY ANXIETY IS A RESULT OF MY CHOICES AND ACTIONS”

2. You are responsible

If everything in your life is a result of the choices and actions you have taken then you are responsible for it, ALL of it, the good and the bad. This is really hard to swallow because everyone has things in their life that are negative and to accept those things to be your responsibility is difficult. But if you are not responsible then who is? Your parents? Spouse? If you are in a bad situation, it is a result of choices and actions you have taken to put you there and it is your responsibility to get out. No one will come and rescue you with help and get you back on your feet again, only YOU will. Only YOU have the answer. Only YOU can make the choice. Stop expecting it to be revealed to you like a holy solution from the sky. Everyone is busy with their own problems.

“I TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY ANXIETY AND ONLY I AM ABLE TO HELP MYSELF, NO ONE ELSE”

This is my personal version of this:

3. You are empowered

Once you truly accept the above, rather than feeling beat up and overwhelmed, you will feel a genuine feeling of empowerment. Because everything is a result of my actions and choices and I am responsible, I can now change reality by altering my actions and choices. You are now IN CONTROL. You have the power to change ANYTHING in your life. This is a real life changing moment when you arrive here. Prior to this you may have thought that everything was because it just was. But no! everything is in your hands, you make the calls, you decide where it heads. Forget the past, I am talking about now!

Once you fully believe this, you feel so empowered it is difficult to describe.

Now anxiety is something you CAN change! You are not born with it and you will not die with it.

Now it is about understanding what factors are contributing to a particular aspect of your life and learning how to change it.

“MY ANXIETY IS A RESULT OF MY CHOICES AND ACTIONS, I TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY ANXIETY AND I HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE IT AND CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE I WANT IN MY LIFE”

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome