Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Anyone ever worked as a cashier before?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:01 PM
Ai
404 Not Found

I cashiered at a friend's restaurant for a few months (among other things... I also waitressed, bussed tables, answered phones, cleaned, did dishes, and performed occasional light food prep.) It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but I'm definitely not interested in doing it again if I can help it. It was very stressful, especially during rushes, and I am dyscalculic as it is. But I managed, and most people were pretty reasonable and understanding.

I know there's been some shade thrown on this particular perspective already (lol), but I really do think it gets easier the more you do it. Maybe it won't ever be an effortless piece of cake, but it becomes slightly less daunting the more acquainted you are with your situation, general clientele, and all the social scripts that generally go with your day to day routines. Once you know what to expect, it's generally a little simpler to navigate everything and even self correct when things don't quite go to plan. You have a baseline to work from.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome