Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - has anyone ever tried CBD oil?

View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 11:07 AM
jacim
SAS Member

My Mood: Pensive
I'm revisiting this discussion as I've now obtained an MMJ card and can now buy MMJ from dispensaries in and around Boston. I must say I've been a little disappointed for the most part, but not completely.

Before receiving my MMJ card I would order CBD vape oil from any number of websites since as long as the CBD is derived from the hemp plant is is totally legal anywhere in the U.S. I tried several different brands, and can only say that I was not impressed, never felt any difference.

I read anecdotal reports from some who say CBD from hemp is not the same as CBD from MJ plants, while others have said CBD is CBD regardless of its origin. so the quest continued.

I have now tried many different CBD products in many variations, meaning CBD alone, or mostly alone as in a Charlotte's web type products. These come with absolutely no psychoactive effects. I've also tried some that were 1 to 1 CBD to THC. I like these better as you can feel a little high, but the CBD keeps it nominal which is great if you're prone to anxiety from THC. And I've tried many variations of CBD/THC ratios, but I still prefer 1 to 1 offerings. If you prefer getting high but want to dissipate , or somewhat lesson the effects of THC for a more balanced experience, this may be the way to go.

I do have to say though, as I eluded to earlier, I have been disappointed. Regardless of the ratio of CBD/THC I have tried, it has never been even remotely close to a cure for SA. I now am buying mostly indica leaning THC products, mostly for relaxing and sleep, and quite often these have very little CBD. I am always on the lookout for products with at least a minimal amount of CBD, because as I stated, the CBD helps reduce the chances of having a bad THC trip, for me.

I think it's worth trying if you have access to medical grade MJ, and you might get lucky and find something that you love. I've not found that yet, but I'm still searching. There are so many options regarding types of products, some all CBD, some all THC, and many with a combination ranging from mostly CBD with little THC, to some mostly THC with a little CBD. The only way for you to know if it is worth pursuing is to try it. Some swear it is the best thing they've tried, and others, like myself, who feel it is only minimally helpful. And to return to one of my first questions, I still haven't determined if CBD from hemp is just as useful as CBD from MJ. Lot's to explore.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome