Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Starting Luvox
Thread: Starting Luvox
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
NotShyButSociallyAnxious
SAS Member

Starting Luvox

Hey everybody. I've been an avid reader of these forums but never felt the need to post until now. However I've been very impressed with the knowledge most of these members have and need some advise.

Some brief background I've suffered from social anxiety and depression since college. My senior year I only left my room to go to class from fear of having to make small talk with my roommates. I'd skip meals because I knew they were downstairs and couldn't near the idea of having to interact with them. I began taking lexapro which helped a little bit but was drinking heavily in order to socialize. I ended up also self medicating with methadone. This combo worked moderately but I still had bouts of anxiety and especially depression.

I ended up going to rehab for the booze and methadone and have been clean for 5 months. However my anxiety has returned 10 fold. I can barely function at work and have this weird warming sensation in my head and these crazy gagging spells throughout the day.

My psych initially prescribed me zoloft which made me so anxious and depressed I could only tolerate it for 2 weeks. He then tried prozac and symbiax which didn't do much either. He then tried effexor and gave me klonopin and of course only the Klonopin helped. I gave the effexor 6 weeks with no positive change so we did that GeneSite test and he took me off the Effexor and put me on Seroquel. Seroquel wasn't doing much for the anxiety which ended up getting just as bad when my doc wanted me weaning off the klonopin.

So now based off this GeneSite test he's got me on Luvox and won't refill my Klonopin which I've got about 20 left. Long story short should I even try with the Luvox? I'm on day 2 of 50 mg and already feeling nausea and somnolence. I've had about 10 gagging spells today. I do not have OCD, just pretty intense social and general anxiety/depression. I did find a doctor that would prescribe nardil or parnate but she doesn't take insurance and runs $375 a visit! Just wanted to see what yall thought. Thanks for the time!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome