Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Fear of Farting

21K views 98 replies 37 participants last post by  CrystalGemPearl 
#1 ·
I just need quick, affordable therapy... now.

#62 ·
I need to get back into yoga. And I need free classes, because no job = no money.

#64 ·
Actually the real question is can I get over my fear of farting after 5 pages of still having it? As well as learn to think of farts as funny.

#65 ·
Men can't queef.

Yep...any yoga position that involves the legs bent upwards and towards the head will likely result in somebody queefing. However, when I took pilates class it was a lot worse...like a symphony...probably because of the legs being up AND the crunches acting kind of like a pump. Thankfully everybody was mature enough to just carry on as if nothing happened. Being the only male in all my classes though, I was taken aback at first. Actually, Komorikun may have even been the one to teach me about this phenomenon. I recall when I first started yoga, I always questioned why people had no control over their gas during class.

#66 ·
Anyway, I can't wait to start studying nursing, so I can be exposed to farts often and learn how to see it as a bodily function. While risking getting IBS from the stressful work of nursing.

#72 ·
I'm female. And I won't just let it out. My code of ladylike ethics won't allow it.

#85 ·
All I know is......if a person has held it in as long as this thread has been around......

Someone would pop like a balloon.

#87 ·
yyyya said:
or you could dress up as a guy or a clown and you won't feel unladylike anymore
I can kill two birds with one stone and make this my clown look.

This pic is not me, BTW.

#89 ·
Yes, I admit, I have way too much gas. Is it something common with socially anxious folks? I want to do so much stuff and jump on hot guys, but then I have this terrible bloating and gas I have to hold in way too much, and it's pretty hard to do what I want then, and I have to tell every hot guy the truth and then I bet they get turned off but whatever. I won't give up coffee, milk, sugar, if this is what is causing my gas.

#90 ·
And I'll never give up my quest to be a much gassier woman.

#94 ·
Still, my anger stems from being made fun of while asking in the wrong places.
I read Denise Brunette's blog and feel a bit better from then.

#97 ·
I thought of this thread today. I was in meditation class where there were eight of us in a very small room lying on the floor, totally silent except for the soft voice of our instructor. I had gas really bad and kept thinking there's no way I can get away with that in here. I had to hold it in. Luckily I was able to resist.

OP, maybe you should take up yoga. There's a particular pose that is supposed to make the whole class fart. I just remember the name of the pose has "wind" in it.

#98 ·
@She and Her Darkness
Like I've said. Every phobia should be respected. No matter if it's one that people find freaking hilarious. And I will stand by it.
@soulstorm
Not always. Under certain circumstances, they'll know I did it.
Yeah, but then I won't be so lucky after that. I'll have plenty of other opportunities to rip more obvious ones. No amount of easing it out will help. I'll just have to rip it loudly to get relief at those times.
@littleghost
CrystalGemPearl said:
I need to get back into yoga. And I need free classes, because no job = no money.
People also said those are queefs, but it depends on the position.

#99 ·
Aaaaaaand. I have no therapy options on my insurance (Medi-Cal)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.