Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Overcoming Social Anxiety and Shyness: A Self-Help Guide Using CBT Techniques

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 07:52 AM
MyFight95
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
I've had this book for a little while now. I'm glad I came across this thread. It's nice to know that other people are reading it and benefiting from its use. I'm about a third of the way through it and so far I think the most useful thing to me has been the Clarke and Wells diagram on the cycle of Social Anxiety. It really helped me understand it on another level I think. I am looking forward to finishing it and putting the techniques into use. Additionally, I've been contemplating what it is that my belief/beliefs are that have perhaps fueled my Social Anxiety. Still working through that. Hoping it works out. Also, I kind of liked the quote in the book she said. It went something like "Social anxiety makes about as much sense as hanging up garlic to ward off vampires and when they don't show up, giving credit to the garlic." I think that was when she was talking about safety behaviors.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome