Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Advice please on Adderall or Ritalin for SA

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:41 PM
elmandelafoto
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
Its a temporary fix and causes dependance imho. These drugs are speed like it has been mentioned and after the effect wears off my anxiety comes back which leaves me quickly running for anotherone, because i can't stand being anxious after having felt good for so long and therefore I finish a 30 day package in 3 days.

I know this is a rare case, but be careful they are very addictive and they are not intended for social anxiety but for concentrating for hyper kids during specific times, basically while you' are on it, you feel like the movie limitless, you'll be charming, in control, smart, sure of you're self, and not hungry at all, but when the effect wears off, you'll miss feeling so good and might have to pop another one if you have an addictive personality. If thats not the case, then the pill might just work wonders on you if you know how to take it on moderation, and about how to get some, you should go see a doctor and possibly even show her/him this article and tell him you want to try it and you have tried everything else.

Cognitive: Everytime you get a negative thought, cut it down with a rational statement and you'll break the cycle down fast till it has no power over you and shrinks...

Behavioural: get out, stay out, join groups, clubs, teams, plays, etc... "however you feel, get up, dress up and show up" People are nicer than you think, rediscover this and stay active and go to as many social activities as you can... this is the essence of confidence..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome