Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Did medications work for you?

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 02:39 PM
harrison
bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanitysFiend View Post
*****! I wish citalopram had that effect on me, I have a very low appetite and thus am pretty skinny, and often have low energy. I've been trying to eat more healthily but those foods r so filling it just murders my appetite more than junk food...

First 2 weeks of citalopram did do a number on my sleep though...I'd wake up at 3am and wouldn't be able to go back to sleep
I'm glad the Citalopram is helping you somewhat mate - and it's strange isn't it how they affect everybody differently. I was skinny all my life, and am again now, although have filled out a bit in my "middle" age.

The lexapro used to put "weight" on around the belly - I've seen it mentioned before in the medication section on this site. Sometimes it seemed a lot more like bloating than fat and was very uncomfortable. (and embarassingly ugly)

I think my response to them might be due to some other problem I have. I become very manic after I stop them - which is strange. Not sure if it's bipolar or not but very strange. They got me away from the benzos which I'll always be grateful for though.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome