Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Can someone help me with detective work and my response to Parnate Please?!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Iwillovercomeanxiety1
SAS Member

Can someone help me with detective work and my response to Parnate Please?!

If someone could maybe do a little detective work and offer their analysis of what might be going on with my response to Parnate, I'd greatly appreciate it! For some historical perspective, throughout my 8 years of being on many different medications, I always seemed to not respond too well to medications that worked on norepinephrine. I think they would make me too stimulated and give me more anxiety.

So anyways here are some of the things that have gone on with Parnate... I seem to have inconsistent efficiency. Sometimes I feel more calm and in a better mood, and then other times I feel extremely agitated and am unable to get out of my head. I am stuck in my head worrying/obsessing/ruminating over pretty much the same thought. This then leads to suicidal ideation because I can't get out of my head and focus on what's happening around me. Then I can get pissed off and really angry. Other times I get too overwhelmed from what seems to be some type of overstimulation where my brain can't stop thinking about this same worry and then I start crying.

Now I should note, this type of inability to get out of my head began a few months prior to Parnate. I had gotten off Paxil and also was doing TMS when I started having this extreme self monitoring where I think about every little thing I do and I get worried about my cognition and worried about getting confused. This is the same type of worry that keeps going on and on in my head and makes it so I can't get out of my head. I don't know if it was a withdrawal from Paxil or if maybe TMS caused some overstimulation, perhaps increasing norepinephrine?

Also, I couldn't tolearte 50-60 mg of Parnate as I had bad insomnia and real bad agitation. I'm thinking that maybe the norepinephrine effect of Parnate causes some overstimulation, which leads to agitation, suicidal thinking, anger, etc? And this may have also happened when I did Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation as it supposedly can increase the firing of all the neurotransmitters like norepinephrine? Can overstimulation cause obsessive type of worrying where you can't seem to get out of your head?

Does my theory sound like it could be on the right track in why I am responding like this?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome