Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Lexapro and Thyroid Medication. Experience anyone?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 04:24 PM
era
SAS Member

I have been on Lexapro (along with a number of other BigPharma anti-depressants). HORRIBLE STUFF! This is the kind of med that's likely to provoke my feelings of conspiracy: that medicine is out to get me. Along with other meds like Ativan and Valium ... we've now learned that benzos cause dementia, long-term.

The important question I would ask is, are you aware that hypothyroidism is a major cause of panic and anxiety attacks? I know, because a hypothyroid-caused panic attack was when Hell started for me. It took years to figure out celiac triggered the problem, and many more years to figure out most docs don't know how to optimize thyroid treatment. I am now optimized, on 15mcg of T3 (Cytomel) plus 75mcg of T4 (Levoxyl), plus 25mg of DHEA to prop up my adrenals that were uber-stressed by hypothyroidism. Some of my friends do well on NDT (Natural Dessicated Thyroid), which contains both T3 and T4.

Just as Kent Holtorf MD says on twitter: T3 is the best anti-depressant. On the right combination of thyroid hormones, and nutritional supplements, I don't need the anti-depressants and other junk which MDs push on their patients. The stuff they are handing out is incompatible with body chemistry (thus the side effects); it is a form of slow poison.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome