Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - I'm way too attached to my girlfriend, I hate it and need it stop.
View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 08:55 PM
maxmonroe
SAS Member

I just read through this entire thread, and it prompted me to join.

I feel like I am going through the same feelings as you, hoodclimber. I have been with my girlfriend for nearly two years, and she seems to have come to this new sort of place recently, where she is wanting more time to herself. There are less texts from her, she decided to not go on a vacation with me that we had planned on, etc.

I am not jealous, or worried about her seeing or talking to anyone else. And I actually do feel like our relationship is still good for the most part. But I am still dealing with the feelings of anxiety and worry, and I am constantly trying to keep my emotions in check. I'm always checking my phone, hoping for a reassuring, loving text, to the point of obsession.

I have been hurt in the past, and I feel that I get very dependent on my girlfriend - as the source of almost all happiness and contentment in life. And I know that this is very unhealthy behavior.

If anyone has any practical advice on how to approach these feelings on a day to day basis, that would be so appreciated. This is a great resource for people going through stuff, and it's great to know that there are others out there that feel the same way - because sometimes it seems like every other guy out there is so much more capable of just detaching, and just dealing with things as they come.

Thanks to all of you.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome