Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Share your experience with treatment for social anxiety
View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Demeter
SAS Member

My "treatment" happened in 2008, it started with me seeing a psychologist and psychiatrist team for clinical depression. I was additionally diagnosed with PTSD and social anxiety disorder, and was given pills to calm my panic attacks. My psychologist did the typical 'talk therapy' thing, and gave very little feedback. Near the end of our sessions he told me that I seemed "all better" but I wasn't, and I let him know that. A few sessions later he suggested that I "turn to Christ for spiritual healing", he gave me a pamphlet about Christianity... I was so offended that I never wanted to see his face again.

At least I learned that PTSD and social anxiety disorder were causing me to become depressed. Knowing this makes it easier for me to prevent that deep, dark, clinical depression that has destroyed my life so many times in the past. Additionally, simply KNOWING that I actually have a social phobia makes it easier for me to accept myself as a human being... Knowing that I'm not alone, and that other people experience this. It makes me feel.... Normal... In a not so normal way.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome