Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What's the ideal age for learning?

715 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  wrongnumber 
#1 ·
I think after crossing 25 a person's mind won't comprehend that good.

its a normal thing for someone suffering with social anxiety and other disorders to get lagged up in education.

#2 ·
Even though it's better/easier to learn when young...there's still lots of stuff I've learned well after age 25. :blush

It's more a matter of how well you comprehend and retain the subject matter and apply it to real life, than it is of being able to learn. (I know from your other thread you have difficulties with reading comprehension...that's not lack of intelligence or lack of ability to learn, it's just lack of concentration. If you could resolve that somehow, you could learn better/faster.)

#6 ·
I'm curious as to why you are asking this and what you are looking for exactly?

I mean, I would think children tend to be able to absorb more info and learn more quickly. However, it's not as if you lose your ability to learn anything as you get older. I think the 25 thing is just BS. I finished college in my late, late 20's and didn't have a problem keeping up with people 10 years younger than me.

Is this one of those posts where you are wanting someone to say you are doomed if you haven't accomplished x, y, and z by 25 and therefore shouldn't try?
Some way or the other it relates to me.

I got lagged up in education that's Why I think it's too late for me now!

#11 ·
I think I could memorise, process and focus more efficiently when I was younger. My early 20s was probably my peak for that sort of learning. Now I get fatigued more easily so I need more breaks. I keep accumulating knowledge though. The way I conceptualise certain things gets more in depth and richer. I think once you have a foundation of knowledge it helps you acquire new information and can compensate for the loss in learning efficiency.

#13 ·
I think I could memorise, process and focus more efficiently when I younger. My early 20s was probably my peak for that sort of learning. Now I get fatigued more easily so I need more breaks. I keep accumulating knowledge though. The way I conceptualise certain things gets more in depth and richer. I think once you have a foundation of knowledge it helps you acquire new information and can compensate for the loss in learning efficiency.
you still in academic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.