Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Finally managed to join a club for the first time :)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Ibz2000
SAS Member

Finally managed to join a club for the first time :)

I started college last Monday and they have a wide range of enrichment classes for us to join when we don't have lessons. I was interested in joining the debate club hopefully making me become more confident when speaking. Despite the SA giving filling my head with negative thoughts i signed up for it.

However when it started i found out that the people there were in the club for at least a year already, the idea of being extremely inexperienced only got worse when i had to do the opening speech (as i thought i would be able to observe for the first day) after the the opening speech from the other team was amazing.

The tension in my head was nearly unbearable and all i could think of was jumping out the nearest window and running home. I gave the speech and sat back down wondering why i bothered coming here in the first place.

At the end the teacher leading the club congratulated me for giving a remarkable debate for a new member and the others joined him in an applaud with smiles which i didn't expect, i felt relieved afterwards and will join them again next week.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome