Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Taking steps to hang out with people
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
theoverthinker
SAS Member

Taking steps to hang out with people

Hey everybody!

So I had an experience tackling my SA today I wanted to share with you guys, and also see what your experiences are like in these kinds of situations!

So I have a co-worker I look up to a lot and get along with very well, sometimes we have stood outside of work talking for an hour, and today I finally worked up the nerve to ask her if she (and her husband) wanted to hang out outside of work and go out to dinner with me. It was incredibly nerve racking for me and about ten minutes prior to asking her I kind of hung out in the back part of our office and shot the **** with her out of nervousness lol. Finally as she was walking away to go home, I walked back and asked! She said she'd have to talk to her husband, so not a yes or no. SO since then I've been out of my mind anxious, looking at my phone, stomach clenched etc! I hope she says yes and I'll probably cry if she says no, to be honest, haha. I'm very emotional like that.

What do you think? What is it like for you guys when you are asking a friend, coworker etc. out for a drink, dinner, shopping, etc.? How do you feel? How do you cope with rejection?

Love to hear what you think!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome