Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) [SNRI]

View Single Post
post #68 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 03:33 AM
renski
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessAtLife View Post
Been on Pristiq for about 1 year now, was previously on Zoloft for about 8 months. Was prescribed mainly for depression but also for anxiety. I haven't noticed a huge difference but I've stuck with it because the doc said it takes some time to kick in. Recently though he bumped me up to 100mg to see if their was any more positive results. 1 month later I've been feeling worse, depression has almost taken full control of my life and the anxiety is so bad I cant even leave the house without nearly having a heart attack. Going to see the doc next week to look at some other options because I feel I've wasted a huge chunk of time trying these meds. Overall Pristiq hasn't worked for me, so now its time for the very long withdraw period before I start some new crazy meds. I hate my brain, why can't it be normal lol
Hey that's no good. I'm taking 100mg of Pristiq at the moment, at 50mg it didn't have much effect but at 100mg I felt like a completely different person. It only lasted about a week or so though.. and now I don't know what to do. I'm very skeptical about upping the dosage again because I've seen the exact same thing happen with Lexapro and Celexa.

Waiting a year for it to kick in is ridiculous, lexapro/celexa/pristiq all 'kicked in' within 2-3 months for me, it just seemed to be the dosage that made the difference.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome