Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - Casadastraphobia - fear of falling into the sky
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 02:11 AM
Groouf
SAS Member

I have the same

Hello,

Im 33 and have the same pathology as you mentionned. It is very comforting seeing that there are other people with the same problem. It began 3 yers ago with a sensation of falling or being sucked up by the sky. Then it reinforced with obsessional thinking about it and images coming in my head of emptiness, space, sky,tall buildings...

I have done a behavioral cognitive therapy, it helped but didn t solve the problem. I have good periods and bad periods, often in relationship with other events in my life. I found that moving to another city or leving my job made the problem worse.

I also have social anxiety and i wonder if those 2 problems are related because it doesn t seem to be a coincidence that people talking about this problem are in a social anxiety forum ?
I also have the problem with high ceilings and during the night. Noisy places are even more problematic. Cloudy weather is better for me tha a big blue sky.

Now, im having an EMDR therapy, i hope this will help. Regarding the question with separation anxiety, i suffer from this so you are perhaps right.

Last thing, did any of you made research about physiological problems, like for instance eyes problems, or posture problems ? I learned that posture and eyes problems can Decrease your balance and create anxiety.

I wish to all of you to get out of this condition, it is really ruining life as you cant escape to the sky and emptiness.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome