Social Anxiety Forum - View Single Post - 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan)

View Single Post
post #43 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 PM
The Professor
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekaHarlow View Post
The first day I took it I was also taking L-theanine and drinking a few Smirnoff Ice's (probably not the best idea? idk) but I felt great (might have had something to do with the Smirnoffs haha). I woke up the next day and took another 100mg of 5-HTP before starting my day. I felt so terribly drowsy all day and very lethargic! I had work that day, anxiety was a little down but I felt so empty, it was a nightmare. My favorite part of my shift is when we all get together and have staff dinner, I usually pile up my plate at the buffet. But this time all I got was a little salad and I could barely even finish it without feeling nauseous. I was also very irritable. I think the dose that I took was too high for me, I should of take 25mg or 50mg. I don't think I want to experiment with it any further, not worth all the trouble.
I read you shouldn't drink within 5 hours of taking it. I don't see how a few smirnoffs could be a problem though. I just got some 5-HTP but I read how it may cause some heart valve problem? I need to find out more but I doubt it will be an issue... (even Icy Hot kills a few people every year).

It definetly would cause you to have a supressed appettie though. If I were you I would go back to 25mg for a little while and then go up to 50 and keep it there.

So you really felt it affect you? Did you notice any positives in terms of SA?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome